2010, you oughtta be in pictures


My cousin James challenged me to document my year by taking at least one photo a day.

Here's where I'm putting them.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oui, oui!

I've always wanted to try French macarons, but they're really difficult to make, and I wasn't prepared to pay forty dollars in shipping to have Laduree overnight them to me. So imagine my delight when I stumbled upon the recently-opened Cafe Macaron on 36th street.

I got a sampling of six different flavors from a lovely Frenchman who called me mademoiselle. My favorites: raspberry and Tahitian vanilla.

Aren't they lovely?

2 comments:

  1. Photo #2 is a beaut! Is part of the top of the green cookie missing? Did you do that to stack them better? (I'll admit I spent several minutes trying to figure this out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, part of the cookie is missing. I dropped the box and the pistachio macaron did not fare so well. It did help in the stacking, though. Good eye, Kris!

    ReplyDelete