2010, you oughtta be in pictures


My cousin James challenged me to document my year by taking at least one photo a day.

Here's where I'm putting them.

Monday, January 25, 2010

A city full of color

We had a busy evening today. My friend has seen almost nothing of the city, so I showed her around. We stopped in the Village to check out the wares for sale:


Bongs...

...and crack pipes...


...and flowers.

Under the arch in Washington Square, I discovered what appeared to be the remains of someone's alfresco shower and reading plans.

We headed uptown to check out the new TKTS steps. Lovely. It had rained that day so the steps were slippery and therefore roped off.

Then to Magnolia's new Midtown location for a cupcake. (White, with chocolate icing.) My friend was an instant convert.

Finally, we swung by St. Pat's before catching the train back downtown.

3 comments:

  1. Love the colorful photos. Those steps look extra shiny in the rain -- very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know I never knew what a bong was until the Dr. Phil Family showed one that Katherine hid in her room. Also, I have never seen a crack pipe. They make a lovely photo all in a row and are an interesting contract to St. Pat's. I wonder what the merchants thought as you snapped pix of their illegal stashes. All in a day's work for you, I guess...and on the company's dime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The man at the shop seemed reluctant for a moment to let us take photos when we asked. But then he looked at us and felt assured that we weren't undercover cops or anything, so he allowed us to snap away. Technically these pipes could be used for things other than illegal drugs, so he's allowed to sell them. It's a fine line.

    ReplyDelete